Vertex Paint Brush
- Create a Polygon Object (ie make sure it is Editable)
- Add a Vertex Color tag to it
- Make sure the Polygon Object is still selected.
- Choose the '4D Paint Vertex Brush' from the 'plugins 4D->4D Paint' menu
- Start painting vertex colors on your model using Stencils, Stamps, Symmetry and all the power of the sculpting system features.
Unfortunately due to a bug in C4D, since S22 it can no longer show real time updates in the viewport for objects over 10,000 polygons. This has been reported to Maxon and hopefully it will be fixed in a future update.
The plugin though does work perfectly fine in R20 and R21 for objects with millions of polygons